Tuesday, May 06, 2008

There goes the neighborhood...


Brownstoner and Curbed report today that A Beautiful Mind co-stars Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany are abandoning a formidable limestone brownstone on Prospect Park for the vapidly trendy and overpopulated West Village (I say that with love). With the saga of Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams come to its tragic end our beautiful people quota is plummeting, and don't tell me that "we still have all those writers"--they're homely souls no one except the book reviewing staff of the Times could possibly recognize. I worry that Peter Sarsgaard and Maggie Gyllenhaal are losing interest; hang in there, guys, is there anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable? Need a half-pound of delicious smoked almonds from Sahadi's, perhaps? I'm on my way.

The silver lining: The Connelly-Bettany digs are in the hands of a broker to the stars, the only people outside of (ugly, graceless) hedge-fund managers who could afford the $8.5 million asking price.

No comments: